Pearland Commercial Mold Remediation
Wondering how to get rid of the mold and mildew in your office? Mold can grow almost anywhere, but it is especially prominent in Pearland during the more humid and rainy months of August and September. CMS provides extensive Pearland mold inspections and commercial mold removal services for this health hazard.
Some types of mold, including black mold, are toxic, and the EPA recommends immediate remediation for your commercial building.
Look for these signs of mold in your office located in Pearland:
- Employees suffering from cold-like symptoms when at work, such as sore eyes, a stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing and a sore throat
- Moldy or musty smells, especially when the air conditioner or heater is turned on
- Humidity levels above 60 percent and condensation
- Water leaks in the pipes, roof or attic
- Past flooding or a history of water problems
- Water stains on the walls or ceilings
- Peeling paint or warped walls
- Poor ventilation
- Standing water
- Dust and dirt
Pearland Commercial Mold Testing
CMS has a team of experts who are experienced in testing and identifying mold. Types of mold testing we offer in the Pearland area include:
- Non-Viable Air Sampling: These are the most common type of air sampling. A technician takes samples both inside and outside of the structure and sends them to a lab for counts, identification of spores and hyphal fragments. Results are usually returned in three days.
- Viable Air Samples: These can be taken to determine how many spores in a given amount of air are colonies forming or if the conditions are right for the spores to grow. Because these samples are cultured, they take 10-14 days to be returned.
- Swab Samples: These samples are taken for identification purposes. Results are usually returned within three days. However, these samples have many variables that can affect the reliability of this test.
- Visual Inspection: This method easily identifies mold. The experienced Pearland mold technicians at CMS will inspect areas that are commonly problematic but not as obvious to the homeowner. Sometimes a visual inspection requires removal of baseboards and a small amount of drywall.
CMS Commercial Mold Remediation, Removal, and Reconstruction Process
The mold division of CMS aims to improve the indoor air quality of homes and buildings. Mold remediation may involve anything from simple cleaning to materials removal and demolition. The key to good mold remediation is containment. An area with visible mold growth must be contained in order to prevent contamination into other areas of the building. Containment is usually achieved by erecting plastic barriers at doorways, or by creating a chamber with sheet plastic and PVC tubing as a frame. HEPA filtration is used to set containment under negative pressure, preventing the flow of particulate material from the contained area into the rest of the unaffected home or business.
Any drywall, wood or other material that is removed is always bagged before leaving containment to prevent cross-contamination. After demo and initial cleaning, surfaces within the contained area are cleaned with an EPA-registered fungicidal solution and HEPA-vacuumed.
CMS performs many crawlspace remediations, especially for real estate sales. A crawlspace remediation may be a simple matter of cleaning a few joists, but very often insulation and vapor barrier removal is necessary. Soda-blasting (pressure blasting with crystallized baking soda) will take care of the worst mold growth in a crawlspace.
We also perform air quality and bulk fungal testing services.
CMS Knows How To Get Rid of Mold in Pearland Businesses
While CMS does not offer mold and mildew removal services for sealed crawlspaces or encapsulations, we do proudly provide vapor barriers services. Think your business space might have a mold problem? Call CMS in Pearland at (800) 359-1789 for an appointment with our mold remediation professionals to test or remove mold from your commercial business office.