Stafford Residential Mold Remediation, Mold Removal
Stafford’s Warm and humid climate is the perfect incubator for mold growth and development, particularly in late summer months like August and September. CMS is the company you want to identify and eliminate mold with residential mold remediation, residential mold removal, and residential mold testing in Stafford.
Mold not only damages wood and other materials but can prove to be hazardous to health for you and your family. The EPA recommends residential mold remediation services for homes in Stafford and elsewhere affected by mold.
Some common signs of mold in Stafford homes include:
- Cold and flu-like symptoms such as coughing, stuffy nose, sneezing, sore eyes, and a sore throat
- Musty smells that become most noticeable when the heater or AC is turned on
- Extensive visible condensation
- Water leaks in roof, attic, or pipes
- Flood damage or a past history of flood damage
- Water stains on the cieling or walls
- Warped walls or peeling paint on walls
- Standing water
- Poor ventilation
- Dust and dirt
Stafford Residential Mold Testing
The team at CMS are experts in the testing and identification of mold in your home. We use various residential mold testing types in Stafford including:
- Non-Viable Air Sampling: The most common type of mold testing, non-viable air sampling uses lab testing of samples from both outside and inside of the home to provide identification and counts of mold spores and fragments. Non-viable air sampling results take about three days.
- Viable Air Samples:Viable air samples use cultures to determine the concentration of spores in the air and if conditions are present to promote spore growth. Viable air sample results take between 10 and 14 days.
- Swab Samples: Swab samples are taken from visible mold for the purpose of identification. The results are available in about three days, but samples may have variables that affect the reliability of swab sample testing.
- Visual Inspection: The experts at CMS perform visual inspections on areas of the home that tend to be problematic for mold growth. The removal of baseboards or a small amount of drywall are often used in visual inspections.
CMS Residential Mold Removal, Remediation, and Reconstruction Process
CMS has an expert residential mold removal division whose aim is to improve the quality of indoor air in homes. Depending on the severity of mold, residential mold remediation and removal may require simple cleaning for smaller mold issues or removal or demolition in extensive mold growth cases. No matter the severity of mold growth in your home, containment of mold is key. Areas that contain visible mold need to be contained to prevent the spread and contamination of unaffected areas. Plastic barriers and sheet-plastic/PVC tubing chambers are common methods of mold containment for homes in Stafford. Contaminated areas are HEPA filtered to prevent the flow of particulates like spores and other contaminants from moving to unaffected areas via air-flow.
If drywall, wood, or other types of materials need to be removed from the home, the CMS technicians bag the material prior to removal from the contaminated area to ensure cross-contamination is prevented. All surfaces within the contaminated area are cleaned with a fungicide and HEPA-vacuumed after demolition and initial cleaning are performed.
Residential mold remediation is commonly needed in crawlspaces of homes, and CMS has extensive experience with this kind of residential mold removal & mold remediation in Stafford. Crawlspace residential mold remediation in Stafford may involve a simple cleaning of joists but more extensive mold infestation of crawlspaces requires the removal of the vapor barrier and insulation.
CMS Knows How To Get Rid of Mold in Stafford Homes
If you are worried you might have mold or have visible mold in your home, contact CMS for residential mold testing, residential mold removal, and residential mold remediation in Stafford by calling (800) 359-1789 to schedule an appointment with one of our residential mold remediation technicians to test and remove mold.